What to see
There are many kinds of events around this area through a year.
If you have an interest in Japanese traditional festival, you should come and see it.
There is also popular music festival which you can enjoy reggae, funk, soul, rock with street foods and beer surrounded by nature.
- 1）Flying kites on the competition “Ika-age” in June
- 2）Nagaoka Fireworks for peace, the best in the world on Aug 1st,2nd
- 3）Exoricise Onis(devils)!! On Honsei temple festival in Feb
- 4）Many people from diverse pref come to Rakuonsai in Sep
- 5）Giant snake marching on Shitada Furusato Festival in Sep
- 6）Tengu appears on Sanjo Festival once a year in Aug
What to do
Four seasons are distinct here in Japan and there is an activity unique to each season.
Sanjo and Tsubame city is very famous for manufacturing.
Tsubame-Sanjo is not only prominent in Japan but also a world-renowned center of excellence in the production of tools. There are some factorieswhere you can give a try to make a tool.
- 7）Rafting on snow in Winter
- 8）Marathon on snow road in Feb
- 9）Re-nowned tools produced in Tsubame-Sanjo
- 10）Rafting from Apr to end of Sep
What to eat
Niigata is one of the most famous prefecture for its high quality produce,local in Japan.
There are could be nothing better than Japanese sake, rice and sushi in Niigata.
Some of you may know, Niigata food is so amazing that there are restaurants which use the name of place in Niigata or serve Niigata cuisine all over the world. You’ll be impressed any food you eat there. If you like Ramen, I’ll definitely suggest you to have ramen in Sanjo city.
- 11）Don’t miss out eating Sushi if you visit Niigata
- 12）You can drink high-grade sake in Niigata
- 13）Tsubame-Sanjo local ramen is now getting popular in Japan and Germany
- 14）Soba at Goku, takes only 2min from BelleNature on foot
NATURE LIFE 636 Arasawa Sanjo Niigata Japan / 8000yen＋1500yen/1pax～
This Japanese house which has been built in early 1900s, There are many
bamboos backyard and you see the beautiful view among them.
You can rent this house exclusively.
When you enter this house, it makes you feel like you are Ninja.
It’s all up to you how you enjoy staying here.
BELLE NATURE 288 Niwazuki Sanjo Niigata Japan / 2500yen/1pax～
Here’s BELLE NATURE which is 35-year-old-house and share house type. It’s very clean, spacious and comfortable to stay. It takes 2min from *Michi-no-Eki [Kangaku no Sato] on foot.*farmers market and local restaurant* 1st floor is for all guests to use. There are spacious kitchen, four tatami rooms, two bathrooms and shower room with bathtub. 2nd floor has 5 private bed rooms. Please enjoy encounter with others at BELLE NATURE. You can also rent this house with your friends and family, up to 12 people.